Hedgehog Awareness Week – 30th April to 6th May 2017.
Each year the British Hedgehog Preservation Society (www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk) organise an awareness week to highlight the problems hedgehogs face and how we can help.
What you can do:
- Hedgehogs need at least 13 x 13cm gap to access and exit your gardens via boundary fences and walls .
- Before burning rubbish, always check what is in there.
- If you use netting, make sure it is at an appropriate level so it doesn’t trap hedgehogs.
- If you have a compost heap, check the heap before using a folk.
- Stop using pesticides and poisons, as this effects more than their intended targets.
- If you have holes and drains, make sure they are covered
- For those of you who have ponds/pools, make sure there are access/exit routes for all wildlife.
If you want to find out more visit the British Hedgehog Preservation Society (www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk)