Without being a bah humbug with the run up to Christmas, its wise to keep in mind that burglary increases at this time of year. A combination of darker nights and the potential of gifts inside the property. Its a busy time of year but take a few moments to think of the security of your home.
Here are some tips to help keep your home safe this Christmas-
- If you are going away try and be discrete if possible, try not to share on social media or display suitcases outside your property whilst you pack the car.
- Timers are a good investment for your lights, giving the impression somebody is in.
- When living in apartments take care to shut communal doors after yourself not allowing non residents in.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked. Don’t be more complacent being in an apartment.
- For fire safety and for disabled access nothing should be kept in communal areas anyway, another reason is so they are not targeted and stolen.
- Inside your property don’t keep valuable items on display where they can be seen from the outside.